Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ahhh, vacation

My muscles in the back of my neck are finally starting to relax. I had a scalp massage and shoulder massage today when i went to get my hair cut. With short hair, i can see that i am going to need to get my hair cut much more often. I still like it better than my long hair, though.

There is a little package under the tree for me. It has a beautiful bow made out of sparkly snowflake ribbon. There are also quite a few other gifts under there for me. I cannot wait to have tj open his gifts. We are trying to hold out until tomorrow. We are going to have a nice dinner and then do our Christmas celebration.

TJ is hard at work making cookies, while i am finishing up making a Christmas present that i cannot mention on here. Poor TJ. As a break, i wash some dishes so he can move on to another batch. Later i will start to help by dropping the dough, but i am so pressed for time too. I really want to have the house completely cleaned before we go out of town. I also need to do my toe nails. . . i thought about spending some of my earned "loopies by Lindsey" money to get a pedicure at the salon today, but i just couldn't let myself do it. It seemed so frivolous. I also have so much school work to do, but i am not thinking about that until after the holiday. I took a nap today. Our bodies are still trying to catch up on sleep and relaxation. Thanks to my brother Jason and his soon to be wife Whitney, TJ stayed up until 3:00 playing a video game they had given him for Christmas. He said it was so addicting. He didn't know how late it was until infomercials started appearing on the TV. Thanks guys!

I have always had an extreme dislike for Berber carpet. I hated it even before my mom carpeted the whole house with it when i was in high school. I hate the colors it comes in. I hate how some of it has the embossed design in it. I hate how industrial it looks. I hate the name of it. . . Berber. What kind of name is that, anyways? I finally found someone that has the same dislike for it. My friend is putting new carpet in her basement, and as she was telling me about her options, she said that Berber was not one of them because she hates it. Her mom also put it in the main level of her house. The joy in sharing a common hatred is so satisfying! Down with Berber!

Well, my break is over. I must get back to creating. At least i am getting some movie watching in while i do it! These last two days I have already watched A Christmas Story, National Lampoons Christmas, Meet the Faukers, Talladega Nights, and i am currently watching Spaceballs.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Berber....sounds like gerber... & burp...& bugar (sp?)....

i always thought my mom was so crazy too...when she'd eye those berber carpets in the store. eventually she got it too....but it was soon replaced with laminate flooring. i hated those ugly patterns too.

i must say they've gotten better though... i'm not quite as extreme in my hatred....if I ever found the right one....it could happen some day for me.

...but i know what your saying....

:)

we couldn't hold out on opening our gifts. we did it last night :) i'm married to a (very sweet and wonderful) surprise-ruiner. he can never wait for any presents.


many more days of relaxation and creativity to you! :)
merry christmas