Monday, December 04, 2006

It just keeps coming!






I love this kind of snow. . .the huge, fluffy flakes gently falling and ever so gingerly resting on another flake as it comes to a stop. It is beautiful and refreshing. I was supposed to have a staff meeting after school, but the nice principal called it off due to weather. In Montague it is extremely gusty, but in Twin Lake, it is calm. Calm to the point where each individual branch is accentuated and the snow stays where it lands. I quickly turned on all the Christmas lights and took a moment to reflect. I think it is a good night to settle in with some chinese food and have nothing to do with school work.


On another note- sometimes TJ and i get something for the house for Christmas and then we don't do gifts for each other, only stockings. We get some of our furniture that way. Well, this year we were thinking about getting a digital camera. We have one, but it is HUGE and well, actually it is Muskegon High Schools. We know we are going to want one when we have kids and there are some very good deals out there now. The problem: we don't really need it, yet. We would just take pictures of our cats. Although i would like it for my brothers wedding in May. I can take pictures just fine with what we have. A digital camera might be something i can put on a future baby registry at Target. Well, i think i made up my mind. Thanks for listening. IT always helps to blog. I guess that means i need to go get TJ a Christmas present.


I cannot wait for the end of this week. My good friend Mary from New York is coming to my house. We were friends in high school, in spite of a common friend trying to keep us separated. We lived together in college and have continued to stay close. I can tell her anything. She is an amazing listener and friend. On Saturday i am helping to host our staff Christmas party. Fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lindsey! I love you too and I can't wait to see you!!!!!

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the pictures you put in your blog. There beautiful!! It makes me feel not so far away

Anonymous said...

Did you realize I said, "There beautiful"--I really meant, "They're beautiful." Did you take any pictures of Keller? I'm glad they came. What was your favorite part of the evening?

Lindsey said...

No, i forgot to break out the camera until they were already gone. My favorite part was probably the laughing. I just love laughing. Keller and i got into a cat toy fight. . . he wasted me.

If "there" really bothers you, i can erase the comment and it would be like it never happened.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer to erase my mistake, but it's okay--I'm strong enough to bear it.