Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And so it begins

I woke up at 7:00, two hours later than normal, to start my Thesis Day. It will be one of many days spent in front of the computer, book, or journal article - armed with a highlighter and sticky notes - notebook and a pen. My head hurts at the end of the day. . . mentally and physically. My head was bent down far too much today and my mind was filled with information, ideas and statistics about spelling in children's every day writing. I stopped at plumb's on the way home from work yesterday to supply myself with snacks. I knew there was no avoiding them, so i tried to make good choices. . . fiber one chocolate and oats granola bars, fat free potato chips, diet sunkist, carmel rice cakes, 100 calorie pack hostess cupcakes, and carrots. The problem with most of those things is they give me unbelievable gas. . . unbelievable in the amount, in the smell, and in the sound. Just ask TJ. I figured since i was home alone, it would be a fine thing. That must be why the cats hid from me all day. I actually got quite a bit done. I impressed myself. I have so much further to go, but i made a little dent. And i guess the first chapter, actually the first paragraph is the hardest thing to write. I am probably going to have to rewrite it several times, according to my prof, but at least i have written it once already. If i was at school today, i would have gotten nothing accomplished, especially since i had library, grade level meeting during lunch, and indoor recess. Yes, i think i made a good choice. . . and i was able to get a hold of my doctor. . . who was supposed to call me back today. I guess we will play phone tag for awhile, since i will be at school the remainder of the week. Chapter one is due May 24. . . YIKES!

No comments: