Monday, May 14, 2007

We're back!

It didn't take long for my muscles to stiffen around my neck and for my stress level to return to normal once i got off the plane in Michigan. California was absolutely perfect. The wedding was beautiful, simple, meaningful, and perfect. And the reception was exciting. Jason got out his guitar and sang Whitney a song. They did the cutest dance. . . i never knew my brother had it in him. My mom was greatly missed. She would have loved it and been so proud of Jason. It was truly perfect. To finish the night, there was a bonfire with smores on the beach. I was exhausted so i headed back kind of early, but it still was nice.

I loved spending time with my family. Jered and Jason picked on me, but i really wouldn't expect anything different. Dad and TJ got in on it too. During Jered's toast he said to whitney, "welcome to the family. I finally have a sister i can be proud of." My jaw hit the ground.

The two of them just glowed. They always seem to when they are together. It was awesome to hear such good things about Jason from Whitney's family. I don't know how many times, people came up to me and told me wonderful things about Json and about how Jason makes Whitney feel. I think my dad said it well. . . you can tell they both respect each other. Their vows were beautiful.

It doesn't feel good to be back. Time was too short. i could have hung out for a long time and spent time in touristy kinds of spots, but i am glad that i was able to go. . . and to go with my dad and brother. I haven't uploaded my pictures yet. . . first i am going to take my memory stick to meijers, but i was able to steal some pictures from my dad's website. Thanks dad. :)

yes- that is the ocean behind my brothers. Isn't it picturesque.

Jason and Whitney wanted me to do a reading written by Rainer Maria Rilke. It fit perfectly with my views of marriage, so i was excited.
This is the view from our balcony. I sat out there with my dad quite a bit, sunned my legs, drank mountain dew and ate skittles. I used the hot tub and went for a very brief swim. After that i felt so relaxed and refreshed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I put more pictures for you to steal in my blog album. I miss waking up and having coffee with you guys. Love, dad.