Monday, May 28, 2007

Life is Good

I have many items with the above phrase on it. I love that phrase because life is good. Is spite of all the crappy things, the hardships, the pain. . . life is good. It is a decision to believe that life is good. Anyway, i just finished a loopie by Lindsey for a girl at work. Her daughter has loved hers to pieces (or at least until all the satin ribbon has been rubbed raw). She carries it wherever she goes. She carries it by the purple satin loopie. When she was littler she would put it around her toes and drag it around on the floor. Now, however, she sees that it is far worthier than the floor and she carries it in her precious hand. I also have cheesy potatoes in the oven. Yum. The smell wafts through the air and makes my stomach growl and my mouth drool. I haven't had those in a long time. It didn't take me long to find the recipe. My brother gave me the original mom recipe framed for Christmas last year. I love it. It sits on the shelf in our kitchen. It is scrawled in her writing, and splotched in her kitchen. It looks like it has seen better days, and i know the truth. I miss her. I wish she could come over for some cheesy potatoes (only jason and jered can read those words 'cheesy potatoes' with the right intonation that they deserve. Jason did you start that??). The house is finally clean. The grass is mostly cut. The heap of laundry is no more. My pile of papers to correct has vanished and the school year is almost done. When that happens, i promise to eat better and to work on my thesis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ate the cheesy potatoes about five minutes after you and TJ left last night. Oh how I have missed them! Thank you so much for remembering me and my love for your family's special side dish. :) Glad to see things are going better with you all. We will need to get together for some scrapbooking soon!