Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good News

My union person met with our central office person to discuss my wanting to take the rest of the year after the birth of baby ellis as a leave and to take all of next year as a leave. We met today during my planning. Both union people i talked to were a little concerned because the contract states a year from birth will be granted, which means i would have to come back to work in April of next year for nine weeks. Well, the central office person interprets the contract differently, but in a good way for me. She says that i get my 12 weeks and then my child care leave would kick in for a year from that date. So, i am good until June or August. . .depending on which schedule we go with.

I am so relieved. He said that there still could be some problems up ahead, but he didn't foresee any.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Lindsey:
That IS good news. So now you can stop worrying and relax. And maybe take a nap.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!! One less thing to worry about. Now there's only about a billion more. Just kidding! (ok, not really :) )

Anonymous said...

Hooray for unions!

Jason

Anonymous said...

Yea for you.... too bad for us!!!