Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom.

Today my mom would have turned 60. I am actually not going to write a big, long post about her. For right now, i feel emotionally drained, especially after reading TJ's memories. I, instead am going to show you two pictures i received in the mail today from my aunt and granna. They are from my mom's birthday in 1978. I am four months old. Notice Jered's face in the one picture. . . i am sure it is because he has to hold me. It is odd for me to see her wedding ring on her finger. I don't have a memory of her wearing it, but i have seen it in her jewelry box so many times that i definitely recognize it. Also, check out my dad in the background looking so hip in his shiny shirt as he looks at his family. I almost enjoy the background of pictures just as much as the foreground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason looks drunk or high or both.

Anonymous said...

I was planning on calling you after I got Corbin to sleep, but it ended up being a WAY later night than I had hoped and I know you are in bed. I just wanted to say hi and I've been thinking of you today. I'm glad you went to work and I hope it wasn't too hard. Thinking of you and your mom :)

Anonymous said...

rrswmI can't get over how much you look just like your mom when she was your age (have you ever thought about going blond?) I'm glad you have that picture--her arms are full, just the way her heart and life were. I hope the day went okay for you.