Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Grocery Shopping

I was going to go grocery shopping yesterday after school, but just didn't have the energy. I barely did today, but i managed it. TJ is in traverse city, so i went alone. Some of you are probably thinking "i always go alone." Well, i don't. Since we have been married we go shopping together, until recently. TJ has been going alone because i couldn't stomach it or have the energy.

Today my cart was such a mess without TJ compulsively putting everything in its place. In single life, i would have never noticed what a chaotic mess my cart was, but after grocery shopping with the man for over 6 years, i am able to see my weakness in cart organization. Notice, i am only able to see it, not fix it. I love that TJ has rubbed off on me. Before i even entered the store i wrote most of my check out because i can never handle loading, writing, and bagging at the same time.

When i arrived home and unloaded the car, i noticed another TJism that i have picked up. I took everything out of the bag and set it on the counter. I used to laugh at tj for doing this, thinking why touch an item twice. . . just take it out of the bag and put it away. I did it. I caught myself when i had already emptied four bags onto the counter. I touched each item twice!

After unloading, i realized that the cashier gave me back my check after it had been run through the register. I don't think he was supposed to do that and i didn't notice until i got home because it was in a pile with the receipt and coupons. I should probably run back up there. . . no way!

TJ will be gone at the conference and then parent/teacher conferences for the rest of the week, so dinners are up to me. I immediately resorted to my single days filled with pasta roni, rice-a-roni, and nachos. I am pathetic!

Most of all, i realized just how much i look forward to seeing tj after work. On a cold and rainy day i want to cuddle and eat some of his chili or soup. I am sure some of you are rolling your eyes. I am just not used to tj being gone. I know i will make it. i always do.

No comments: