Sunday, August 03, 2008

I forgot. . .

How much i truly enjoy/need church. We went today for the fourth week in a row and it felt so good. I am liking this church we started going to called Renovate. We were drawn there awhile ago when our OVCC friends james and charity starting going there. We went a few times, but then the miraculous Jaelynne happened and turned our lives upside down. I love singing. I love worshiping. I love listening to other people's views. I love being challenged in my thinking and in the way i live my life. I love getting to know more people. I need church more than i think. It isn't so much the "church" that i need/want. . . it is the community of people that love and worship my God that i need. I am definitely not one of those people that need a church to go to so i can say i go to church. That is not worth it to me, but it seems we have found one that we like. It is weird because at first we just knew james, charity, and their daughter adeline, but now i feel like we know a lot more people. Our friends Sarah, Nate, and their son Corbin come. Alecia and Joel come. Alecia is a teacher that TJ teaches with- a newbie as we call ourselves. We are getting to know Dave and his wife Misty- i spy on them on their blog, but i was told that misty does the same thing to me. And today, Daniel was there with Will and isaac. And we have met some other people at birthday parties and home gatherings. It felt good, especially to hear James preach, like in the past at OVCC.

After words, i got a glimpse of what Jaely will be like in 2-3 years. We went to the park by lake michigan to eat pizza and enjoy each other's company. Will and isaac ran all over the play structure, shouting "COCONUT COOKIES" to get tickles from daniel. They climbed the stairs and went down the biggest slide. They got giant pushes on the the tire swing and did a doublemint gum commercial as they each slid down a slide side-by -side. Adeline, cautiously followed the boys. She braved some steps, shouted "DADDY, DADDY" and ran around on the ramps (and walked into a pole, ouch) as she wore her cool sunglasses and claims to have made a mess of her shoes. Jaely sat in her car seat while we ate. I fed her on a shady park bench and then she went on the swings with TJ. Next summer is going to be so much fun as she becomes more mobile.

We then stopped at meijer for some steaks. We are going to have them with grilled veggies tonight- my favorite summer treat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day--it makes me smile to picture it all in my mind.

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have great people at your church. I have about given up on finding a church where people are at least close to 'normal'. And there aren't a lot of choices up here in the boonies. I've missed Ward Memorial since I moved up here. Also miss a library and an all night restaurant. Dad

Charity said...

It was so much fun hanging out with you guys at the park! And can't tell you how excited we are that you are feeling more comfortable at Renovate. We are so glad that we get to be a part of Jaely's life (and yours too:-))

EastMI-WoodChips said...

I really like the new look! You got creative. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love the new colors!