Thursday, August 28, 2008

Watching the Clock

I have never watched the clock so much in all my life- not even the day i gave birth to Jaely. TJ is now at his interview (if they are not running behind). All morning while he was at work i would look at the clock and count how many hours he had until his interview. He left the house with plenty of time to spare looking like a sexy professional. He said he just wanted to vomit. I told him to wait until after his interview to do that. There is going to be about 10 people interviewing him, most of them he knows, and some he knows well. Does that almost make it worse? I am still watching the clock and i don't know how many prayers i have said today, mostly prayers for peace for him. There are a lot of teachers that have applied for principal jobs prior to this that don't get the job, but i hope TJ does. He heard they were interviewing about 11 people. I am just so proud of him. I don't think i would have it in me. . .

I told him to call me on his way home, so i can stop watching the clock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was watching the clock and praying too. Regardless of what decision is made concerning this assistant principal's job, I know one thing for sure. T. J. is not nor will be be a loser. He will either be offered the job in which case I guess we'd call him the winner. However, if he is not offered the job, he will not be the loser; the young people in that school will be the losers because they will have been deprived of the efforts of a dedicated educator who would have done all in his power to help them receive a top-notch education under his leadership. Take my word for it! GG