Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I Lost my Touch

I am so blessed to have married a man that truly enjoys cooking. He cooks and i have clean up duty. I have been spoiled these last seven years (even longer, since he cooked for me while we were dating). I used to cook for myself- sure it was a lot of pasta roni and chicken breasts, but i did it. If i messed it up, it didn't really matter because it was just for me. I want to start cooking more, so TJ can take a nap or have more jaely time when he gets home from work. The minute i cook for someone else, i get super nervous that i am going to mess something up.

I went to meijer today to pick up a few things that i can cook- sloppy joes, taco salad, chicken divan, cajun-chicken pasta, and tortillini. I guess it is a start, but we are going to get very sick of these things!

Last night we brought some friends a meal to help out with adjusting to a newborn. TJ made lasagna AND cleaned the dishes. All i did was stick it in the oven. Here is a picture of the little guy. TJ used to work with his mom and dad, but they both moved on to bigger and better things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis,

One thing you guys might want to check out is alazing.com. They ship meat and sides for 2 people right to your door, which makes life a lot easier, at least in our experience. And cooking meat is pretty easy if you do it on the stovetop. Since you can watch it, it's pretty hard to totally ruin it. Plus you get all that delicious brown bits left in the pan to make a sauce out of!

If I can do it, anybody can. :)

Jason