Monday, April 04, 2011

Spring Break- Day 4

Because of Spring Break, i am getting to spend a lot of time with these two people.
Mornings are slower paced and starting a little later. I love snuggling, reading, and playing with my daughters. Today, Jaely said she wanted to go to the mall and play. I took her to Hobby Lobby first. We got some stickers and some finger paint to help get us through some of these rainy days that sound like they are sticking around. Jaely could not stop talking about the finger paints. She kept holding up her hands and wiggling her fingers. I set up a table for her downstairs for some of her crafting. Then we were off to the mall. I loved walking hand in hand with my three year old through the mall. She was pointing out purses and shoes and clothes. When she saw cars parked in the middle of the mall she said "silly cars, mama!" We stopped at the gap and found some robot pajamas on clearance and a few other goodies. Then we went to the play area. Jaely stuck closer to me at the play area than she did at the Gap. She said "too many people, mama. I go home and play with toys." So. . . off we went back home. Little did she know it was time for lunch and a nap. Toys would have to wait.

I love having energy for my daughters. It doesn't seem all spent by the time i get to play with them. My two hour naps do wonders for me! Almost every day so far, we have taken naps all at the same time. TJ falls asleep on the couch in front of the TV, Cami goes to sleep unbelievably quickly in her crib, Jaely puts pajamas on a few friends before crashing, and i crawl into bed as the little bit of light peeks in through the windows. The cats curl up on the bed by my feet and everyone sleeps. Everyone wakes up at about the same time too.

Although i am not in Florida or getting my windows and screens washed, i am savoring my time off. I looked at the clock this morning at 8:20 and a huge grin came over my face because instead of standing outside my classroom door greeting my students, i was making Camryn giggle on the floor.

No comments: