Thursday, April 07, 2011

Spring Break- Day 7

My day can be separated into two categories- inside & outside.

Inside-
This morning after we dropped off the girls, we went to Toast & Jams for some breakfast. It was great to eat enjoy a quiet meal without any interruptions. Well, there was this one interruption that made me jumpy for the rest of the meal. The lady in the booth behind me went "PPPPSSSSSSTTTTTT" really loudly in my ear. She thought she knew me. She didn't. She scared the bejeebers out of me! When we got home, TJ worked on the built-in and i went downstairs to scrap.
This isn't finished yet, but doesn't it look beautiful?!

My A page for Jaely's ABC book. I have a lot done. . .


These i made with my Cricut. I am running out of stickers that start with different letters of the alphabet, but my Cricut came through for me!
Outside-
I have blisters on my hands from all the raking and i have dirt caked under my nails, but i LOVED working outside in the sunshine and warm weather. The back garden is quite a mess because i let it go by late summer. . . i was pregnant and tired. I am hoping to get wood chips to help me keep the weeds down this year. They got out of control last summer. There is some green this early on. . .
Hycinths


the reddish purple color of the peony
the sedum
a Hen & Chick
I filled the wheelbarrow many times with all the leaves and dead stuff.
The boxwoods are doing very well and the hostas in front of them are just starting to peek through the soil.
There are buds on the Fountain Cherry tree!

I have a hair appointment tonight that couldn't be switched. TJ is going to have to give Cami a bottle, entertain a three year old and get dinner ready while i sit in a chair and get my shoulders massaged. I feel bad. That means tomorrow we are going to the Children's Museum. I am bummed that Kevin Kammeraad won't be there like he is tonight, but going tomorrow will also give Jaely more time to play with things.

No comments: