Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Spring Break- Day 5


Finally. . . sunshine and warmer temperatures. It actually feels like spring break. I tried to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. I opened all the blinds and let the sun pour in. The cats appreciated it as they lounged in the warmth, sometimes stretching their bodies to fit in a single stream of light. Today was a very productive day. TJ dropped the girls off at Miss Amber's house at 9 and didn't pick them up until 4. We both got a lot done, independently of each other. TJ worked on reviving the truck. . . he swears it is saying "I'm not dead, yet." I beg to differ, but we can agree to disagree fairly easily on such issues. And i know there will be a time when i will be thankful that we have that truck. I just don't know how often that will occur or how soon it can occur. :)

While he worked outside on the truck and doing some spring cleanup, i worked inside. I cleaned out the girls' closets & cut tags off of their spring and summer clothes- some i had bought over two years ago at an amazing price. I washed them and then put them away. I was still not ready to put away long sleeves, sweaters, sweatshirts or jeans. So their summer and spring things sit in their closets, but they are ready to go when warm weather gets here. And when the busy end of the school year comes, i will be so thankful i got that done.

I also took on the task of catching up on Camryn's baby book. I was five months behind. That project spurred on the project of organizing pictures and albums. I labeled our albums with letters of the alphabet. In three years, we are already up to the letter S. Yikes! I scrapbooked quick pages of Cami's first Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day for her baby book. I had to go back on her blog and read about her at one month, two months, three months and four months so i could fill out that part of her baby book. That took awhile.

I am pondering about what to do tomorrow. I want to scrapbook Jaely's alphabet book, clean up the basement and go shopping for a few spring clothes (even though, i probably shouldn't). I need to have a plan of what i am doing before i wake up tomorrow. Maybe i should make a list. . .

No comments: