Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another Day, Another Blanket

I went into school today. My room is still not cleaned, so i worked in the office on a few things and then came home around three. Then i went to sewing, since everything was still out from yesterday. I really needed to clean or do school stuff. There will be plenty of time for that no-fun stuff.
A couple weeks ago, i bought my friend one of those blankets that have the tags or ribbons one the edges. I have always loved these things, but they are so expensive everywhere i went. I looked closely at it before giving it to her and said to myself "i can make that." So, a couple weeks later, i gave it a try. For my first one, i think i did a great job. My ribbon might be too symmetrical. I thought that the two layers needed to be basted, so i traced a few stars and basted the layers together with a purple star. It turned out pretty nice, and it was fun to do. I found the best ribbon for it at a scrapbooking store. The stuff at Joann's was sold in huge amounts and since my 9 friends already had their babies, i didn't think i needed 8 yards of each kind of ribbon. Here are lots of some pictures. . . the stars are kinda hard to see.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blanket is beautiful Linds! You have turned into quite the master steamstress! Are you taking requests yet? :)

Lindsey said...

Thanks Sarah! I could take requests, but it seems every time i sew something for someone else, it turns out terrible. I can't handle the pressure!
How was Chinese and grocery shopping?
When you were at scrapbook 101, did you see the Curious George section?

Ang said...

Lindsey,
Except for a phase that my mom went through when she started sewing hundreds of dolls in a 'manic'...you are the most prolific seamstress EVER!

:)

your blog has been bountiful as well lately!

How decadent.