Sunday, August 27, 2006

Preparing for a week of meetings

Summer is officially over. Tomorrow and the rest of this week, i sit in meetings and professional development. My job is about kids, yet i only see them for an hour this week at open house during the evening. Other than that i am learning how to teach them better, discussing ways of making our curriculum more coherant, and of course, listening to the horror of blood-born pathogens. My classroom is pretty much ready. . . i will post some pictures for the family that never gets a chance to make it over this way. I am still in denial about going back tomorrow. Today, after we cleaned, TJ and i went to a bunch of open houses. . . some realy old, cool houses, some just really old houses, and some new ones. It is fun to imagine fixing it up or living in them. A couple houses in Glenside were just beautiful and unique. They are out of our price range, but would be wonderful distant future grandma houses.

Yesterday, I felt back to normal so TJ and i went to Holland. I had the yummiest sandwich ever at Butch's. It was called the McKenzie's Moustrap. It was a sandwhich with Muenster, Provolone, and Cheddar grilled to perfection. And i got a cup of their tomato basil soup to dunk the sandwich into. It was delicious. We went to the Eddie Bauer outlet. . . my sweater was not there. We went to the Apothacary to visit Vera and to purchase her. She was gone. It was sad. We went from little shop to little shop and came home empty handed, which is probably a good thing.

Friday i got a great report from the doctors. Everything is structually perfect inside of me...no clogs or cysts or polyps. Hooray! Thanks everyone for calling and checking up on me. I truly am loved and thought of. Thanks for your prayers, too. It makes everything a bit easier.

2 comments:

Ang said...

oh Lindsey, I am so glad to hear that you had a good report. (better than an eddie bauer sweater or vera bag?) i will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had the delicious lunch before seeking out your "friends." Funny how some decisions are taken out of our hands--there will be another day.
gail