Saturday, August 19, 2006

Super Salsa Saturday

Yummm. . . we went to the farmer's market this morning. Immediately when i saw the glorious tomatoes, i knew it was a salsa day. The only thing we couldn't buy there to make the salsawas the fresh cilantro and the limes for the lime juice. We bought fresh potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, sib lettuce, and unpickled pickels that are super tasty. I told Nancy i had never had one and she peeled one right there on the spot for me and even sprinkled it with salt. I was a taker after that. TJ made the salsa and it is delightful. While at the farmer's market, it sunk in what it will be like not to have our librarian with us next year. She got bumped. She does a lot more than she has to, and it is going to be a very difficult change. I think once the new old ladylibrarian, who could retire at any time, sees that she has 700 kids come through her library checking one or two books out and that the teachers demand things from her, she might just decide it is a perfect time to retire.

While TJ was at school yesterday. I finally cleaned the whole house at once and did all the laundry. Today, i was just able to enjoy the tidy, clean house. LAst night we also watched Shrek 2 with some friends in a back yard as the movie was projected onto the back of the house. IT was real neat and fun to see a bunch of kids scarfing down freshly popped pop corn. Shrek 2 is such a good movie. We stopped into school today. . . my room is clean and the carpet is drying, so they will probably put the furniture back in on Monday. Then, i can get to work in there. Phew. . . .that was a close one.

Well, i think some more salsa is calling my name. It is 0 points on weight watchers. How can something that tasty be free of points? I was down a pound on Friday, which is pretty good considering i was out of town for the beginning of my week. 4 more pounds and i reached my goal. Yipee!

No comments: