Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bye Bye Blah

Today is better. Perhaps it is better because I got on the scale and saw a number that i have not seen since high school. Since i first started weight watchers ages ago i have lost 30 pounds. :) I want a healthy heart and i think i am on my way. Weight watchers is tomorrow. . . i always weigh a few pounds more there, but i am sure i am still down for the week. Maybe my day was better because i went walking with a friend once i got to school today, then ate lunch with another friend. It felt good to walk and talk and catch up on things. Maybe i feel better because my wonderful husband came up to school and took me to Pekadills for dinner. We sat inside because the garden seating was a wee bit damp. Perhaps i feel better because TJ got me three movies to watch tomorrow (The sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Elezebethtown, and Hero)after my doctor's appoitment. I heard i am not going to feel like doing much. How sweet of him. Maybe i feel better because i just got off the phone with my mother-in-law. It was calming, enjoyable and reassuring to talk to her. She definetely does not replace my mom. . . no one could. I do, however, think God put her in my life, knowing that i would still need someone "mom-like" after age 25. I can talk with her about anything and she makes me laugh and giggle. I thank God for creating her and for making her the mother of the most wonderful man in the world, so that our paths would cross and intertwine. To think of who could be his mother. . . and to be so blessed for who is. . . i don't really know what i would have done. Perhaps i am better because it is the weekend for me. I am not going into work tomorrow and this weekend we are going to G.R. Mayber Vera (see previous post) will be invited into our family or maybe an Eddie Bauer sweater. I cannot decide what to spend my spending money on. I feel like i deserve both. . . isn't that terrible, selfish, and stuck up sounding? I am just being honest. I just feel like i am starting a new school year. . . i need both. I lost weight. . . i need both. There has to be some other reasons why i deserve both!

3 comments:

Ang said...

You deserve both. Of course.

My brother and I were just talking about how great you are. We decided that we like you and T.J. a whole lot.

Actually we both...independently....concluded that long ago. But sometimes we just ponder how MUCH we like you. :)

Congrats on all the amazing accomplishments. You are deserving of everything wonderful.

Lindsey said...

TJ and i have the same conversation about you guys, too. It is like you guys are refreshingly normal or something. We need to get together again soon. I am enjoying the pictures of Maya on her blog. She is adorable! Oh. . . and thanks for your kind words. :)

Anonymous said...

You make my eyes run....... gail