Thursday, August 03, 2006

To the other side of paradise

These last couple of days have been amazing, in spite of summer school. Yesterday, TJ and i rode our bikes 8 miles, then went to pekadills, then to lake Michigan with friends. The waves so were so much fun. . . i sure got my exercise for the day and instead of rewarding my exercise with an ice cream, i hope to be rewarded at the scale tomorrow morning at weight watchers.

I am excited for tomorrow. TJ and i are driving up to visit my dad. He lives in paradise, with a pond, a running creek, deck galore, tons of trees, and he is excellent company, of course. Although he is two pets short from last time i was there, he still has his talking african gray parrot, a bunny, a dog, and fish. It will be nice to sit with him for more than a couple of hours with a bunch of other people around. He works crazy hours. . . i hope not to have him lose sleep while we are visiting.

We also have a wedding to go to near my dad's. I think it is going to be a very beautiful wedding and a fun reception. It is a group of people that really know how to have fun, and since TJ has had a lot of practice dancing with DDR on our playstation, maybe he will be on the dance floor all night long showing ushis moves. Okay, maybe not, but i do hope to get some dacing in with him. Congratualtions Alecia and Joel!

Congratulations are also in order for three sets of new parents. In the last 2 weeks there has been 3 births (probably more than that, but three that i know of.) First, there was beautiful Adeline. Then adorable Jack and most recently cute Caitlin. Congratulations! I have had the chance to hold two of them! Caitlin lives in Chicago with my cousin. . . i have yet to have seen her, other than a photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Pea... it was great to spend some good time with you guys. So glad you could stay with me ... sometimes I feel so disconnected and times like this help. Dad