Sunday, July 30, 2006

Casablanca Lily

Five years ago, i had my sweet violet bridal shower at my mom's that was thrown by by aunts. At this shower, my mom planted two huge white planters that she would give as a gift to TJ and me. We loved the white lillies that were planted in them. Every year we moved, we would move the lillies with us. They came with us to our first house and bloomed beautifully. It was a gift that would remind me of my mom every time i would see them, water them, and catch a hint of their fragrant gift. This year, TJ and i could tell that they were not going to do well. They weren't coming up like the rest of our lillies. I was heart broken. . . until one day i looked at the pots and there were lillies in them! I was so excited. TJ told me that he went out and bought lillies to replace the ones that had died. Although they are not the lillies from my mom, they stir in me the same emotion and now they remind me of my husband's love for me too. I recently cut some and brought them into our bedroom. The whole room smells so wonderful. Thank you mom and thank you TJ. I am so loved and cherished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for blogging. Everyone else seems to have taken a summer vacation.