Thursday, July 20, 2006

Furry Companions





As TJ has been in Kansas this week, i have had some company during the night time and the storms, during nap times and TV watching. I just finished watching Oprah. Today some of the Grey's Anatomy cast was on talking about next season (which is going to be on Thursday nights at 9:00, so i can stay awake and watch it) and my Abbey cat jumped up and just wanted some love. She has to be the cutest kiity in the whole world. She was doing her "Abbey roll", licking my face, purring, crawling on my lap and nudging my hand when it stopped petting her. I cannot imagine the lonliness that would hang in the air if it wasn't for my cats. They definetly do not make up for TJ's absense, but they certainly help. I know they miss TJ too. They kind of stopped eating and seem to whine as they look up at me and ask "where is daddy?" I reassure them that he will be back. You non-pet owners are really missing out on furry companions (i found they have to be furry. . . fish and lizards don't cut it. Although birds do....hummmm)

1 comment:

loonigrrl said...

I know what you mean! My cats are just the best. They don't like being held much, but they'll sit near me so I can pet them. They even try to get my dog to show them attention: rubbing up against her, purring, grooming her. It's really cute.