Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Feeling of Accomplishment

I don't have jury duty for the remainder of the week! :) TJ came to school with me today. I received a lot of great furniture for my classroom from my aunt who retired from teaching at the end of this school year. My problem is that i am spatially inept. I lost sleep the last couple of nights trying to figure out how i want to lay out my classroom this year, meanwhile try to just get it acceptable for summer school. I decided it was silly to try to just stick furniture in there and then move it around closer to the fall. I might as well just move it all now. That is where TJ comes in. I am terrible with knowing what will fit where and what would work. I forget things like the kids need to be able to push their chairs out to stand up, etc. He helped immensly, but he also go two meals out of it. We had to go to Pekadills for a light lunch in their garden(might be our favorite place to eat) and then we met Daddy-o in Ludington for all you can eat chinese (really good crab rangoon). That made all the sweat and hardwork worth it! Now, i will be able to sleep tonight, knowing that my room is just the way i want it for fall.

1 comment:

Tara Petty said...

first of all let me say how nice it is that you update your blog so frequently. i enjoy reading your updates.

and also i am glad that your classroom is organized now.

too bad you don't have to serve on a jury. maybe next time :)