Monday, July 24, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

As i walked my students out to the bus, it started to rain, and then rained heavier. I was bummed because we had plans to meet Marilee and Henry for lunch at Pekadills and then TJ and i were off to the beach for some sun, swimming and reading. I went back to my classroom and started to shut things down (yes, we finally have power) and then i watched for TJ to pull up. In the five minutes between me saying goodbye to the kids and greeting TJ the rain had stopped and white fluffy clouds arrived. Lunch at Pekadills was of course wonderful and the company was outstanding. Marilee is due to have her baby on Thursday, so that is so exciting. She is one of those perfect pregnant ladies. She is very tall and slender and just looks so cute and not at all uncomfortable! It was great to visit with her and to play with Henry, the soon to be big brother to a sister or a brother. He has the best laugh. He has this one corner of his blanket that he likes to stick in the various holes that is on his head. He stuck it in his ear and then takes it out and say "wax." Or, he will stick it in his nose and sometimes pull it out and say "booger."They call it the crusty corner, and of course they say it is yucky, but he loves it. They wash is several times, and he still uses the same corner every time it comes out of the wash.

Then we went to the beach. I was excited because i heard on the news this morning that there was a small craft advisory and big waves. There were big waves, and the water was fridgid cold. . . much colder than two weeks ago. We were there for about 4 hours. It was amazing. I love reading a book as the waves rush in and the sun beats down on me. TJ got, well . . . a little red. I don't know if i didn't notice it because i had my sunglasses on or if all of a sudden he got red, but any case he is sunburned. We came home and had fresh picked yellow beans and corn on the cob. Yummy! I could easily eat a pound of beans.

No comments: