Friday, July 21, 2006

One week down, three to go

Summer school was taught this week without power in the building. It made for an interesting time. . . no fans, no copy machines, no overhead, no elmo, no computers, but there were students. Students who probably didn't have power at home either. So we decided to bring them in and at least read to them and with them, since a lot of them probably haven't picked up a book since school ended over a month ago. I am glad the week is over. I hope we have power on Monday.

I went to weight watchers this morning. I was down 2 pounds, which makes me 19 pounds lighter than when i first started. It comes off slowly, but it does come off and it is amazing the patience i have for things now. I'll show you Dr. David.

Tomorrow i am going to go to the Farmers market in Montague, so that TJ has his fresh favorites when he returns from Kansas. That will mean more to him than if i clean the house. It is funny how most guys don't notice dirt, grime, and dust. It is like they don't see it. I don't think it is that they don't want to see it because then they will have to do something about it. I just think they honestly don't see it. TJ could walk in today and think the house looks fine. . . i see all the mess, each little crumb of food, tiny whisker in the sink, a piece of cat hair on the duvet cover. Actually one thing that TJ is very observant about are the floors. That is what he takes care of. He is the best vacuumer i have ever seen. He moves furniture, goes over the carpet very slowly and thoroughly, and edges the walls. Maybe it is because he says "run the vacuum" instead of using vacuum as the verb, like. . ."I am vacuuming" as opposed to "i am runnning the vacuum." I think it is a Howell thing or maybe an Ellis thing. It is not a Michael thing, but i like it. It makes me smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember some other Michael things like Dad locking us in the basement when I missed a piece of the lawn I was mowing, or Mom torturing all your barbie dolls... oh wait that was me.
love,
Jered

Lindsey said...

I will never forget when you put my barbies in the microwave, after turning them into "Prostitute Barbie" You forgot they had metal running through their limbs. You did torture me. But i also remember you hugging me after i hit my head on the coffee table and holding my hair back while i puked.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea...I have learned a neat housecleaning trick. I bought some get well cards and put them on the table and bookcase. When someone happens to drop in, they think I have been sick and hence, that's why the house is a mess! Love Dad