Monday, November 13, 2006

Birthdays



It was my dad's birthday yesterday and my grandma's birthday last week. As i thought a lot about them on their birthdays, i realized that i have this shallow, self-centered view of them at times. I Have a hard time picturing them little, anxious to celebrate a birthday with their mom and dad. I can't picture them waking up the morning of their birthday with happy thoughts about what their day will bring. I can't imagine them little. Have i heard enough stories about their childhoods? Have i seen enough pictures? Have i taken the time to listen to their memories before they forget themselves? I know bits and pieces, but not enough. I love them both. I hope they had happy birthdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your dad's picture. Does he normally wear his hair like that?

Anonymous said...

You could always come up for a pajama party some night. I'll make popcorn and talk about my growing up (that's assuming that I havre grown up). Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

On Grandma's 84th birthday she only received one phone call wishing her a Happy Birthday It wasn't from her family. It was from her caregiver.

Lindsey said...

Had conferences...didn't get home until 9:30. Glad i sent a card.