Friday, August 10, 2007

And so it begins

The school nightmares have started. The ones where it is the first day of school and the students are filing in with no end in sight. I don't have enough seats. I can't find the breakfast sheet. I have the wrong class list, which means their lockers, seats, mailboxes, and basically everything has the wrong names on them. Paper is hanging off the bulletin boards and i still have boxes of my stuff packed up. I can't even find a pen.

I have been in to school twice already. On wednesday, TJ came and helped tremendously. He moved all my furniture, hooked up all my computers, and actually has the capabilities to picture spatial things. I went in today to do bulletin boards and roam around thinking of all that i have to do. i do feel refreshed this year. Not teaching summer school was the best decision i have ever made, aside from saying yes to my boyfriend at the time question to marry him. That by far was my best decision.

I have already bought 60 some folders, colored pencils, a new tub, glue sticks, pencils, and notebooks.

I decided that i still have so much i can do at home in the air conditioning to prepare for school. I have two books i have to read by August 24th and i have books that i wanted to read during the summer for methods of teaching reading and writing. I have a ton of documents to create on the computer and a couple of posters to make. I am a little overwhelmed, but it will all work out.

No comments: