Monday, August 06, 2007

Local mothers. . . i need your help!

Tomorrow, I graduate from my reproductive endocrinologist in Grand Rapids, which means i now need to find an ob/gyn. As many of you know, i was not crazy about the one who referred me to the GR office. What i would like from you is comments on who was your doctor during your pregnancy and delivery and what you liked about him/her. Also, share what or who you didn't like. Of course, try to think of the appointments as well as delivery and discharge. Even if you told me before, i got everything jumbled in my head, so i would appreciate opinions again. Also, if you happen to work with any doctors (you know who you are!) i would greatly appreciate any input! Instead of just picking a random name, i would like to be somewhat educated. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Lindsey:
My OB is Dr McDonald. She is great, but Dr Karnes delivered Ryan. He was awesome, also. AND Dr. Gale Buto discharged me with Noah and he spent a lot of time talking with Rob and I before we left. Although I love Dr McDonald and don't plan on leaving her just for the ease of my history, etc, I would probably suggest Dr Gale Buto (if you don't mind a male). He is really a great doctor. Nothing bad to say about him. Hope things are going well...we need to get together soon.
Love you guys,
Kim

Andrea Wagenmaker said...

I am so excited for the chance to share my opinion. I agree with Kim. Dr Gale-Butto is my first choice. All his patients love him and he is also one of the smartest doctors I know. He is my favorite!

Dr Karnes is also wonderful. He always prays with all of his patients after they deliver and blesses the babies. It is a really neat experience. He is getting close to retirement though, therefore he is not my first recommendation anymore.

Let me know if you have any more questions :) Love you guys!

-Andrea

Charity said...

James and I had Dr. Karnes for Adeline and we loved him. He is amazing in the delivery room. (I have it on tape if you want to see:)) Calm, collective, and his soft slow voice was very soothing. If I had to mention a negative it would be that I wish he was a little bit more informative during my pre-natal visits.
That is were I grew to love Dr. Gale-Butto. I only met with him once but he was so informative that I walked out of the visit feeling very confident and prepared.
Also did I mention our wonderful nurse??? Top notch! I would suggest her to anyone:)

Lindsey said...

Thank you girls! I am glad that i got some information because the doctor in G.R. wanted to know today. I told him Dr. Gale-butto. It is nice to know that if and when i need to see someone else in that office, everyone is good. Thanks again. It brought me a lot of peace having such good recommendations!