Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Yum!

TJ called me at work today to tell me that he was going over to a friend's house to help out for awhile. He also delivered the message to me that there was one piece of Texas sheet cake left and it was mine. What a wonderful husband. I savored the cake, as i am watching Oprah talk about heart disease being the leading killer among women and how eating right can help. It was wonderful cake. i know i need to take better care of myself, especially my heart. I want to be around for my family. . . I want to be there for my grandkids.

I won't be into work for the rest of the week. We are going to visit dad tomorrow. I can't wait to see him and his projects. And then Thursday and Friday i have boring conferences i am signed up to go to. i am in pretty good shape in my classroom for open house, but i am not even close with the important stuff, like plans and schedules. I have another new boss this year. I am tired of getting a new principal every two years, and this new guy doesn't know anything about elementary or special ed! It is scary. he is a real nice guy, but it is still very frightening and exhausting.

I have a bunch of stuff i am supposed to read for these conferences, so i better get going. i should also probably clean the texas sheet cake pan, since TJ made the cake and let me have the last piece.

No comments: