Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Antsy

As TJ started Jaely's bed time routine, i was extremely tired, but little antsy too. I decided i needed an outing. Target has her bed time formula on sale (and i had a 5 dollar off coupon) and we also needed wipe refills. And of course, i was going to look at things other than for Jaelynne.

I stepped out my front door to begin my outing, and took a deep breath of autumn. I realized that i hadn't been outside since the autumn smell has come upon us. I hadn't stepped foot outside in a couple of days. It felt good to feel the crisp air and breathe in the scent. I got in my car, plugged my ipod in and turned alanis morissette way up. Of course, i sang along with all the emotion i could muster. I hit the seat warmer button and cranked the heat on and sped (just a little) to Target. While there, i just wandered around aimlessly. I found myself in the toy aisle, the halloween section, in the toddler room decor, clearance spots scattered throughout the store. I could have spent a fortune. . . and i still managed to spend more than i wanted. Diapers. Formula. That is already over 40 dollars. I picked up, pondered, rationalized, reminded myself, and put back many things. I managed to hang out at target for an hour and a half without getting anything "extra" -not being very prodcutive really, but i guess i needed that.

No comments: