Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The tomatoes, garlic, sweet pepper, fresh basil, salt and pepper are mingling in the bowl as i write this. I had to prepare it during Jaely's first nap. My hands have a pleasant basil scent with a touch of garlic. As i was cutting the fresh tomatoes from the farmers market, i was reminded of how my mom wanted me to run the tomatoes under the faucet to get rid of the seeds for her. She said that the cold water made her hands ache. She often doubled the recipe, using 8 tomatoes. This stuff is almost better as left overs. I am now wondering if i should have doubled it. Oh well, too late now. I have no more tomatoes and i ran out of the sweet pepper.

Jaely woke up after only 45 minutes of a morning nap. She is testing out a new noise as she lays in her crib. It seems to be a mix of her growl (a sound she discovered about two weeks ago) and this new shaky giggle (she just found last weekend). It sounds so funny and is making me laugh out loud. She is a strange bird.

I just read TJ's post from last year. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

No comments: