Monday, October 27, 2008

Catching Up

This morning, Jaely and i headed to holland to hang out with Haras and Corbin one final time before they move too far away to Roscommon, Michigan. I am sad about it. Although they lived in North Muskegon, we didn't see them as much as i wished, but we did see them Sunday at church, enjoyed summer barbeques, board games, and Last Comic Standing. It just won't be the same without them. . .

We hung out at Target. We were going to walk in downtown hooland, but rain, hail, high wind, and snow made that idea not very desirable. So Target it was. Sarah and i always used to shop together at Target, now we both pushed our kids around. It was neat. Jaely, of course, refused to sleep and got cranky, but what can you do. Corbin even danced for her. . . she did rock a little for him.

I just tried my ultra-cute gray peacoat on. . . doesn't fit. I tried my cozy red fleece on. . . doesn't fit. I tried my black leather jacket my mom got me at graduation. . . doesn't fit. I tried my white north face jacket my husband got me for chritmas two years ago. . . doesn't fit. I hate this. So, i cried. I just went grocery shopping and told myself i wasn't going to bring ice cream into this house. I asked TJ if there was anything else he wanted me to pick up at the store that wasn't on the list. He said he wouldn't mind some ice cream and then added that if i don't want it in the house he understands and he is fine with that too. I made a mental note that i still wasn't going to get it. My favorite kind was on sale. We have ice cream in the house. Maybe i will eat it in a tiny bowl and only allow myself that tiny bowl once a day. My friend that had a baby six weeks ago looks awesome. I asked her what her secret was and she said she didn't know. She hasn't changed how she is eating. She blamed it on nursing. I nursed. I almost weigh as much as i did at the end of my pregnancy. I hate this. Jaely has a onesie that says "i was worth the wait" and being a player of words i always think "i was worth the weight" should also be on there. She was both.

Today, Jaely officially became a carnivore. She had a chicken sweet potato puree and loved it. What a cute little carnivore. Have you had a chance to check out her pictures yet?? You should.

1 comment:

Sarah Starr said...

I had a great time with the two of you! It was so fun to catch up and do some good old fashion Target window shopping....just like old times. I will miss you all so much!!