Monday, February 12, 2007

Missing Mom

I looked at my blog from last year at this time, and couldn't believe the amount that i wrote. This year, i just dug up some pictures that remind me of my mom's personality for one reason or another. She is missed.My mom loved to nap. It was the highlight of her day. Everyday after school she would nap and then Saturday after she read the paper she would take a nap. This is a Sunday nap, a break from correcting papers and making lesson plans. It looks like Sammy is napping with her this time.



My mom would later become my best friend. We talked all the time about anything that was on our minds.



My mom had two spots in the house. This is one. She would often sit in her pajamas ans slippers and correct papers using a pink pen and writing the scores in her pink grade book as she sipped coffee and smoked. There was actually a sag in the couch from here sitting there
Her spring garden. The gardens started out small, and quickly took over to create a beautiful backyard. Oh look! She is wearing pink!
She absolutely hated cats, but held one for "Survivor Weekend"
Us in San Fran. I am so thankful we took this trip. In May i am going again, only this time with my dad, Jered, and TJ. I cannot wait.
This is her and Sammy feeding th fish in the pond.

This is my mom's other spot in the house. She actually got so she could pour a refill of coffee from this spot. On the counter, one could find a to-do list for the day/week, and ashtray, a cup of coffee, and her cigarettes. From here she had easy access to the calendar above her and to the phone.


The lilies. . . oh the lilies!

Well, i think i will watch my wedding video to see my mom and to hear her voice. Then i am going to take something for my cramps, put in My So-Called Life and scrapbook for a bit. As you can tell, i am not at school. Just didn't want to break down crying, be sad all day in front of my students, or worse yet. . . have a day where i did not take some time to remember my mom. I should also pay bills, empty the dishwasher and do laundry. We will see.

4 comments:

Ang said...

Lindsey,
I've been back here a few times today...thinking about you. I love the beautiful snapshots you give of your mom....with words and pictures. You look so much like her!

We were very bummed to hear that we missed out on seeing you last night. We were under the impression that you and TJ would be....um...'busy'. :)

-ang

Lindsey said...

Ang- Thanks for the thoughts. and the acknowledgment. . . of knowing, of caring, and of her. We miss you guys. Doctor's order was to only be 'busy' once a day and since it wasn't a marathon event we were able to get out a little. :) I heard about the tough decision you and Ryan had to make. Yikes! I am confident that you made the right one. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the one of mom napping best. Though the couch wasn't her usual napping place- that's more Dad's style. I think she mostly preferred her bed. Again, I take after Pops and prefer the couch. The bed seems too much like actually going to bed for the night- I end up sleeping too long.
Today I ended up doing an extra hard workout in honor of ol maw. figured it was a good way to honor her- love,jered

Charity said...

Your mom sounds wonderful. I wish that I could have met her.

We love and miss you both,
Charity