Friday, February 16, 2007

No wonder i was uncomfortable

So, yesterday, i was moving around on my feet cleaning, making sure to drink lots of water because i felt pretty uncomfortable in my abdomen. By the afternoon my stomach was so huge, round, and hard. None of my pants would even fit. I felt pressure all the time and sever pain if i sneezed, coughed, yawned, or took a deep breath. I decided to call my doctor. We played phone tag. TJ and i went out to CF Prime (wonderful, by the way). I had to wear clothes that were super big. By the time we left i was so uncomfortable i could hardly stand it. My breathing had actually become shallow. I had to recline my seat back in the car. When we got back, the doctor said that i had ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome. 1% of the people who get FSH and HCG shots get a severe case of it where their abdomen fills with fluid and builds up to the lungs. Both TJ and i laughed that of course i would get this, since two weeks ago i was throwing up with the flu, last week i had terrible cramps, and this week it looks like i am filled with fluid.

So, i am to stay off of my feet completely with my legs elevated, drink no water, only drink 24- 40 oz of liquid (gatoraid or v-8 juice) a day, and when i start to feel better, i am to still stay off my feet. I am still very uncomfortable, but much better than last night. I had my legs elevated for 11 hours straight, so i better be feeling a bit better. When i stand up though, i feel as though my stomach is going to burst. Yikes. I hope this doesn't last long.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Not fun. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better or at least on the right track to getting better. Still and always praying for you and TJ.

Love,
The Beans