Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter


We just got back from seeing harry potter. It was excellent. . . if you expect it to be different from the book because it is quite different. It made me really want to fly at super speed through the air on a broom, for fun, of course, not to escape from lurking dementors. Her books are beyond words. They are incredible. . . and the movies are excellent as movies, but they miss so much of the book. I wonder how many people in the audience have actually read the book. I feel like the people that didn't had no business being there!

I took another day off from my thesis (and i only thought about it three times during the movie). We went to the farmer's market in montague and got some yummy looking veggies. Then we rented a rototiller and started on the garden in front of our porch. We thought we had a plan, but then while out to eat before the movie we started thinking about other ways to finish it off. Hummmmm. . . . We worked outside all day. It was wonderful. I weeded, watered, planted, deadheaded, cleaned up, made two stepping stones from my stepping stone kit. Much more progress than writing a thesis, don't ya think? Tomorrow is thesis day. . . until we go out to Thirsty Thursday. Every other Thursday some teacher friends get together at different places and quench some thirst. I, of course, will only be consuming non-alcoholic ones because there is a good chance i am pregnant, even though i don't feel like i am. I mean i know i ovulated, and we did our thing, and we know they can swim. . . so shouldn't i be pregnant? I wish it was as certain as that. Unfortunately it is not. Time will tell. And then i will tell. . . either way the test reads. I know some of you are praying and hoping and are wanting to know.

No comments: