Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thesis

My thesis is due in two weeks. Today, i am finding myself taking short cuts. . . only doing samples of lessons instead of including the full program. I want to get this done, so i can move on with my life. That means though that i am just doing what i need to get it done. . . not to be as useful in my classroom.

I want to look on-line at baby things and pregnancy forums. I want to read some of the pregnancy magazines my friend gave me. I want to scrapbook. I want to help out more around the house. By the time i finish my thesis, i will need to get going on school stuff. But, at least i had the summer to do this.

Today, i woke up at 5 with such intense pain in my abdomen. I was scared. After laying in bed and using the bathroom, i came out and slept on the couch. It hurt to stretch out so i curled up . . . and there i found the problem. Gas. Intense gas came exploding out of me, but was definitely replaced with some peace. I feel much better, now. I am a little nauseated, but still excited. I just got up from a nap, so i suppose i should get back to my thesis.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Lindsey,
I remember being ultra sensitive to every sensation in my abdomen...worrying that every pain or 'weird' feeling was a sign of something being wrong.
Know that you are surrounded in prayer. And you shouldn't worry.
Also..know that you will worry. And it just keeps getting worse and worse...

and also, better and better :)

Um...there's a baby inside of you.
YAY!

:)
M

Anonymous said...

Oh the Gas!! That just gets worse. Somehow I think I passed that on to Corbin, cause his gas is out of control. Like Ang said, don't worry about feeling nervous about every strange feeling...it's part of the territory. I remember wanting him out of my belly so I could see him and make sure he was okay...now that he is out I realize it was a lot easier to take care of him when he was in. :P The worry doesn't really get too much better, or worse... just about different things. So that's something to look forward to, huh? :)
Hope the gas gets less painful! We'll seriously have to get together for scrapbooking sometime soon. Maybe the boys could entertain themselves and I'll stick Corbin in a swing :).
Sorry I fell asleep the other night and didn't get to say goodbye. It was good to see you guys!

Daniel Rudd said...

hmmm...

for medical purposes, I am going to need you to describe (in detail) exactly how the gas sounded as it "exploded" out of your body.