Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Birthday

I know that i am loved beyond what i probably can comprehend. Today, i just feel filled completely. Normally, i go out on my birthday for most of the day. This year however, i just went shopping in the morning and then hung out at home for the day, which means i was home to answer phone calls. I know people love me, but when the calls flood in and the mailbox is full, i just feel so warm inside. Life is good. I heard my granna and aunt carol sing the happy birthday song duet style. I chatted with jered about our new MacBooks. I talked with Mary about ovaries, Indians, drunk people and kids. I spoke with my dad about owning a house and watching hummingbirds. I heard Sarah's angelic version of the happy birthday song, although she didn't scare the crap out of me in bed, like i did her. I giggled at Marilee's and Sara's cards that arrived today. I am loved. What an awesome reminder.

Sarah and Nate are coming over for burgers, cheesy potato, mountain dew, and an ice cream cake. Yum. Then we are going to watch last comic standing. I am trying to finish up a scrapbook, so i worked on it a little bit today and i read some articles for my thesis, while sunning on the deck and typing notes on my laptop. I painted my toe nails pink and sat on the porch and watched hummingbirds flutter to our hanging baskets. I am off to get more done before this birthday comes to a close. It is going much too fast.

No comments: