Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Summer Decisions

I am not going to write a ton of reasons for why i deserve the next couple of months off. Although, many times i feel the need to defend my time off to non-teacher people. I am not going to bother with that. I don't think they even deserve an explanation. What i am going to do is let it sink in and rejoice (it may sound like bragging, but i truly promise it is not). It has not hit me yet that it is summer. Maybe because i need to go in tomorrow and do CA-60 files and clean up my room. Or maybe it is because i have a writing conference on Monday. Maybe it is because TJ goes until Friday. I am sitting and letting it just sink in. There will be no summer school this year. I will be free and i will do my best not to let the blahs get a hold of me. Blahs can come so easily after months of running around like crazy and then, suddenly, wham. . . nothing. I have plenty to do, but nothing i HAVE to do. Interesting. Although, i kinda HAVE to do my thesis or i wasted a lot of money. Chapter two is due the 22. I have decisions to make:
  • Do i read thesis articles in the sun on the deck or in the shade on the porch?
  • Do i spend a lot of money an an mac laptop because they are cool and i want one or do i not?
  • Do i bike ride or take a long walk on the Montague- Hart bike trail?
  • Do i scrapbook Jason's and Whitney's wedding or finish the scrapbook i am working on?
  • Do i try to make enough Loopies by Lindsey for a craft show or do i keep it as fun?
  • Do TJ and i go to Chicago, New York, or San Fran this summer?
  • Do i plant creeping jenny or hens and chicks. . . or both?
  • Do i start on my left foot or right foot when i give myself a pedicure?
  • Do i sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00 every day?
  • Do we drive Hellman's or Mars when we drive to visit dad and relax even more?
  • Do i start with the hall closet or our bedroom closet when i clean them out?
  • Do i wear 15SPF 0r 30 SPF when i go to the beach for the day?
  • Do i go to Pekadils or a picnic lunch at the park?

Wow. . . such questions and decisions! I think i can handle these!! There are some goals i have that i want to get done before school starts that are school related, like redoing a literacy journal and changing my spelling program, but the point is. . . i can choose when i do those things. Summertime is calling my name. I hear it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, oooh... I think hens and chicks. Then help me to plant some. And 9:00am... you might as well. Seriously, welcome to the summer, you sure do deserve it!!

Charity said...

Adeline and I would love to get together with you this summer, give me a call and we can set something up:)

Anonymous said...

ENJOY...you both deserve it!!!
dad