Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Soaking My Feet

There are two things i wanted to get done before my birthday (because i am a big freak!) First, I wanted to clean the house (i cannot imagine turning another year older in a dirty house). Second, i wanted to soak my feet and give myself a pedicure. I am now soaking my feet in a clean house. Life is good. I just found some treasures on some square hard things. . . i think they are called floppy disks. I found, rather saved, my creative writing from high school and college. Just the stuff that i did on a computer. Most of my writing was done in numerous journals and spiral bound notebooks. Some of my writing, as i was reading it ten years after writing it, surprised me. I was a wee bit angry at friends, family, or life. I guess that is typical, but i didn't realize at the time just how angry i was. I am glad i saved my writing before the few computers that have floppy drives die altogether and i am left with these square black things, but no way to read them. I think, with many disclaimers, i will post some of this writing, so that it will ever be safe on this thing called the internet. I did transfer my novice writing onto my flash drive, so that i wouldn't lose those feelings, those memories, those inaccurate pictures of how my life was. Some of the writing, i have to admit, might hurt some people, but i think it is beautiful how some of my anger and frustration was healed into full and awesome relationships. Some of it will embarrass the crap out of me, but i still feel the need to post it. Some of it i might actually keep the skeleton of the piece and make a lot of changes. Some of it will make me laugh at the absurdity of the situations i wrote about, but it was my life then, no matter how ridiculous. Well, on that note, i am going to scrub my feet now. The water is getting cool. I love this laptop. And, did i tell you? It came with a free ipod nano and printer, scanner, copier and we got an educators discount. Hooray!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got hard, black, square, floppies? I've still got soft, brown, and round floppies! Can't beat the Commodore 64 and I bet you can't function with only DOS! Every now and then I'll read from one of my "old" journals and wow. I'm certain thaqt I haven't changed, it's got to be the rest of the world. Love, Dad

Charity said...

Ok...So when is your birthday exactly????? I thought I missed it but maybe not???

Lindsey said...

My birthday is june 13th of course!! TJ says that i celebrate my birthday for about a month, so it is easy to get confused. Thanks for your earlier hooray! I know you are cheering and praying for us. :)

Anonymous said...

I was planning on calling at 4 am and screaming/singing Happy Birthday to you (it was the closest I could come to getting you back for jumping on my bed and scaring the crap out of me...) but I slept through it. Surprise ruined! I hope your morning is good regardless. I'm glad to hear your ovaries gave you an early present! Go ovaries go!!! I'll call in a little bit to see what's up.
p.s. So glad you treated yourself to the laptop...when is the bistro set coming??